Kangaroo & Krazy
Weekly Newsletter: Kangaroo & Krazy Week
Jan 18-22, 2021
Monday- Closed: MLK Holiday
Tuesday- Letter “K” Color: Blue/ Nursery Rhyme: Little Boy Blue
Parent as Teacher: Have your child wear something blue to school today.
Book – Animals should definitely not wear clothing (Simon&Schuster)
Rhyme – Little Boy Blue
Art – Letter “K” watercolor
Fine Motor – Blue Collage
Music – What will we do
Wednesday- Pouches & Pockets
Parent as Teacher: Explore the various pouches & pockets you find around the house (clothing items are great)! Play a guessing game- how many items fit in the pocket, how many can we remember (name) that we put in?
Thursday – Krazy Hair Day
Parent as Teacher: Time to have some fun and wear a Krazy Hair style to school.
Friday – Krazy Socks & Shoes Day
Parent as Teacher: Have your child come to school in Krazy Socks & Shoes. Krazy could be just wearing mismatched shoes/socks/clothing.
Book – Shoes, shoes, shoes
Phonics – “K says, k,k,k,k, kangaroo…. You will find me at the zoo.”
Art – Sock decorating
Math – Sock Measuring
Music – Something in my shoe
- Kangaroos (sciencekids)
- They are marsupial animals that are found in Australia as well as New Guinea.
- There are four different species, the red kangaroo, eastern grey kangaroo, western grey kangaroo and antilopine kangaroo.
- They can hop around quickly on two legs or walk around slowly on all four.
- They can’t walk backwards.
- They have very powerful legs and can be dangerous at times.
- They can jump very high, sometimes three times their own height.
- They can swim.
- Most eat grass.
- Babies are known as ‘joeys